November 1, 2018
Dear Ouray County Families,
What an amazing month October has been! The OCCTCC Community Board met to learn about the three strategies we are implementing and celebrate our beginning Phase 5 of the Communities that Care process. Lunch Groups are up and running in Ridgway School through November and will start in Ouray after the New Year. We are celebrating the momentum of Sources of Strength in both Ridgway and Ouray secondary schools, facilitated by Alex Durham, who is also presenting Positive Action in Ouray School. Basecamp, the free teen center, is still providing food and fun after school until 5:30 Monday through Thursday. Basketball for 3rd through 5th graders is up and running with enough participants for two teams! Many thanks to Stacie’s Apothecary Shoppe for sponsoring the teams and covering the deficit. If you have any questions about our programs, please call 970 626-4279 or check us out online at voyageryouthprogram.org.
At the Voyager After School Enrichment Program, we have been having a blast exploring the world around us this month. We enjoyed building a wiki-up with Buffalo Woman, Sonny Shelton, at Ridgway State Park and look forward to swimming at the Montrose Rec. Center our next full day, Monday November 19th. We will be enjoying a pajama party and making crafts Tuesday, November 20th. Voyager will be closed Wednesday the 21st and Thursday the 22nd for the Thanksgiving holiday. We wish all a Happy Thanksgiving!
The November calendar is attached and includes the two parent-teacher conference 1:00 release days, the 7th and 8th.
In brief, here is a list of important dates:
· November 6th—Election Day!
· November 7th & 8th—1:00 release for parent teacher conferences.
· November 17th—Holiday Bazaar at 4H Center, aka Santa Paws.
· November 19th & 20th —Voyager open for full day adventures
· November 21st & 22nd—Voyager closed for Thanksgiving Holiday.
· December 7th—Noel night, Voyager again offers a warm place for kids to visit Mr. & Mrs. Claus and hang while parents shop.
· December 24th through January 1st—Voyager closed for Christmas Holiday
· January 2nd, 3rd, and 7th—Voyager open for full day adventures
Looking forward to an excellent season,
Danelle Hughes Norman
(970)626-4279 office (970)318-6782 cell