2020 Art Contest Results
Congratulations to Maisy Gardiner, Scout Donovan, and Cliona Pasek for submitting their winning artwork!
The judge was very impressed with the craftmanship and creativity of all of the pieces submitted. Ultimately, pieces were selected by their relevance to the theme of Sanctuary.
Burst of Flowers
Please meet at the teen center by 8:00am. We will be outfitted by Basecamp in Ouray to get outfitted. Our group of 8 will have two guides.
Please meet at the teen center by 8:00am. Our tour is from 9:00am-1:00pm.
Please meet at the teen center by 9:00am. Bring money for the mall!
Bring a friend! Enjoy a BBQ, music, and games with us!
Every day we meet at RES district lounge right after school.
Then we walk to Voyager
Snack + Highs and Lows
Homework help/free study--Ouray students arrive by bus.
Then we do a planned activity.
Pick up is any time before 5:30.
The cost is $4/hour prorated to the next 15 minutes. Purchase after school hours in the after school catalog.
Actively Cultivating Tomorrow
Voyager Youth Program has been an integral part of the Ouray County Community since its inception in 1997.
The needs of Ouray County flow in an evolutionary process and, for 20 years, Voyager has changed and expanded its programs to best address the current tide of community challenges.
Voyager has served and continues to serve the Ouray County community by:
- Providing quality and affordable AFTER SCHOOL ENRICHMENT programs for children ages 5-12
- Providing exceptional and affordable experiential and adventure based SUMMER ENRICHMENT programs for ages 5-12
- Offering free shuttle service from and to Ouray for participants.
- Providing a FREE TEEN CENTER for youth ages 13-18, complete with food, games, indoor and outdoor sports, leadership and community service activities
- Providing full day teen adventures when school is not in session.
- Providing Positive Youth Development Training at regular intervals.
- Providing SUBSTANCE ABUSE PREVENTION curriculum and prevention topic LUNCH GROUPS for both Ouray and Ridgway schools
- Sponsoring ongoing seasonal specific SPORTS ACTIVITIES
- Continually collecting and assessing data re: the HEALTH NEEDS of our youth
- Collaborating with Juvenile Diversion to provide the yearly SAFE AND SOBER AFTER PROM PARTY and the periodic MOCK ACCIDENT effort
- Providing insurance coverage for various other community entities’ events
- Facilitating Sources of Strength in both schools
- Facilitating the COMMUNITIES THAT CARE county-wide coalition
- Starting a CLIMBING TEAM in 2001;
- Spearheading the capital campaign and building the CLIMBING WALL in Ridgway Secondary School in 2010
- Facilitating the building of the SKATE PARK
- Sponsoring BULLYING PREVENTION in both schools
Voyager’s unique adventure and experiential programs offer inspiration for youth to lead healthy lives, actively culturing tomorrow.