Capitol Campaign to purchase a permanent site
Voyager Youth Program has been an integral part of the Ouray County Community since its inception in 1997.
The needs of Ouray County flow in an evolutionary process and, for 20 years, Voyager has changed and expanded its programs to best address the current tide of community challenges.
Voyager has served and continues to serve the Ouray County community by:
- Providing quality and affordable AFTER SCHOOL ENRICHMENT programs for children ages 5-12
- Providing exceptional and affordable experiential and adventure based SUMMER ENRICHMENT programs for ages 5-12
- Providing a FREE TEEN CENTER for youth ages 13-18, complete with food, games, indoor and outdoor sports, leadership and community service activities
- Providing SUBSTANCE ABUSE PREVENTION curriculum and prevention topic LUNCH GROUPS for both Ouray and Ridgway schools
- Sponsoring ongoing seasonal specific SPORTS ACTIVITIES
- Continually collecting and assessing data re: the HEALTH NEEDS of our youth
- Collaborating with Juvenile Diversion to provide the yearly SAFE AND SOBER AFTER PROM PARTY and the periodic MOCK ACCIDENT effort
- Sponsoring the ADULT OPEN GYM at the Ridgway Elementary School
- Providing insurance coverage for various other community entities’ events
- Coordinating and source funding SUICIDE PREVENTION in both schools
- Facilitating the COMMUNITIES THAT CARE county-wide initiative
- Starting a CLIMBING TEAM in 2001;
- Spearheading the capital campaign and building the CLIMBING WALL in Ridgway Secondary School in 2010
- Facilitating the building of the SKATE PARK
- Sponsoring BULLYING PREVENTION in both schools
Voyager’s unique adventure and experiential programs require specifics in site design, space, and location.
Please support us in our Capital Campaign to purchase a permanent site.